Our people are what make XTIVIA great. We strive to provide an environment where employees feel valued, treated fairly and respected. And we value on-going communication and feedback through our intranet, employee surveys, company celebrations and open-door management policy.
Are we right for each other?
Tired of knowing exactly what you are going to be doing at work for the next day, week, month, year? Looking for a position that will allow you to use your creative skills? Do you have the desire to expand your knowledge beyond the day to day task lists? Have you ever wanted to work with all the different features of SQL Server but have been held back by corporate structure?
We are looking for a SQL Server DBA who excels in great customer service with a strong technical knowledge to help our customers get the best out of their system. An individual who is motivated to find the root cause solutions and who likes to take on an unknown issue as a challenge and a chance to expand their knowledge. The ideal candidate would like to work problems on their own, but knows they have a team of experienced DBAs to fall back on for guidance and suggestions.
This is primarily a production support position. Part of On-call Rotation is expected.
WHAT YOU Bring
DBA Experienced with:
- MINIMUM 8 YRS as a SQL Server DBA – 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016,2017 (Senior level)
- Must communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and research technical issues.
- High-level problem determination and resolution skills
- Deployment and upgrade of engine & clients
- Experience with SSIS Packages, T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, views, constraints, and functions
- Tuning reviews/assessments (DB and SQL tuning), and query monitoring
- Backup and recovery, high availability/Cluster, AlwaysOn and DR
- Database Security
- SSIS\SSAS support in both a Admin and developers role
- Cloud Experience: Azure, AzureSQL, AWS, RDS
- Assisting, troubleshooting and guiding technical and non-technical resources with any issues
- Ability to provide configuration, monitoring and on-call support for development, test, and production environments
- Ability to handle multiple customer requests in a timely manner
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services a plus
- Experience with SQL 2005 and 2008 a plus.
- Other DB platform (Informix, Oracle, Db2 LUW, PostgreSQL or MySQL) experience/certifications a plus
- Technical support or call center support experience a plus
- Advanced Database tuning expertise a plus
- Optimizing loads of large volumes of data into a database a plus
- Migrations experience a plus
- Experience coding stored procedures, triggers
- Professional Consulting Experience a plus
- Knowledge of VPN software
- Knowledge of Google Docs
- Tech writing experience
Commited to Digital Transformation
Our goal is to move away from systems of transactions toward systems of customer engagement with personalized marketing and relationships with the XTIVIA brand.
Unparalleled customer service
Customer experience is everything! Our customers are our first priority. Creating transparent communication practices, on-time delivery, and positive return-on-investment is our end-game.
Long-term 'Family' Relationships
At XTIVIA we believe in long-term relationships. Most of our Leadership Team has worked together for over 10+ years. Join a company that “feels like family”.
XTIVIA creates smart Information Technology solutions for companies in every industry. We’ve been hard at work, designing thousands of unique solutions, for over a quarter-century.
If you can imagine a business outcome,
XTIVIA can create it with technology.
Are you ready for an exciting new career?