Application Integration for Retail Apparel Company’s Regional Distribution Centers
Our client is a well-recognized retail apparel chain headquartered in Texas and operating 1,500+ stores in the US and Canada. The company has acquired many big market players as its subsidiaries. They offer men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, tuxedo rentals, and suit pressing with quality, fashion, and innovation as central parts of each product. The company has many warehouse facilities with a reliable supply chain mechanism. Globally, around 22,500 employees are providing high-quality shopping experience across their brands.
The two main subsidiaries of our client had exclusive distribution centers located in Fremont and Houston. Due to the exclusive nature of the distribution centers fulfilling only particular brands’ products, order fulfillment from locations outside the distribution area caused either slow product delivery or higher shipping charges, ultimately leading to customer dissatisfaction.
XTIVIA’s enterprise integrations team performed a supply chain data and application analysis for the client and proposed a TIBCO-based integration solution. The new system would base product availability and shipping on the buyer’s location and distribute all products from the nearest facility.
XTIVIA developed a solution that would account for all the client’s needs and integrate the distribution applications to serve their customers better. To fulfill orders correctly and efficiently, XTIVIA delivered the following:
- Implemented a microservice architectural style to minimize interdependencies on application components.
- Designed a message-persistent and scalable architecture with Java Messaging Service and RESTful Web Services.
- Identified all applications in need of integration.
- Integrated Fremont distribution center and Houston distribution center with crossvalidations based on product availability and location dependency.
- Used TIBCO BusinessWorks and TIBCO Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS) as the central integration platform.
- Provided deployment management and postproduction validations and support.
XTIVIA’s solution effectively addressed our client’s primary distribution issues to give their enterprise what it really needed: visibility. Both distribution centers in Fremont and Houston now had order details of both brands and order fulfillment by the nearest distribution center depending on product availability. Additionally, our team built upon the integration solution to give them some new capabilities as well.
- They could now fulfill eCommerce and store orders quickly with fewer errors.
- There was an overall improvement in customer satisfaction due to reduced cycle-time.
- There were prominent cost-savings from the reduction in utilization of third-party shipment services.
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400
Complete the form to hear from us.