Charitable Foundation Mulesoft API Strategy & Development
XTIVIA’s client is an independent charitable patient assistance foundation that helps patients and families facing high medical out-of-pocket costs by assisting with co-payments, co-insurance, deductibles, and other health-related expenses.
Our client used MuleSoft to integrate various core systems — Alpha Scrip, FHA, and Salesforce required for claims processing. They also use MuleSoft to build and manage APIs that verify patient eligibility and transfer funds to approved patients.
Our client quickly encountered the challenges of needing an API strategy to guide technology adoption so the APIs would be scalable and extensible. The immediate challenges to be addressed included the following:
- Implementation of APIs without following MuleSoft and industry best practices.
- Interfaces did not have proper logging and error handling.
- There were no API policies in place to ensure proper maintenance or operation.
- There were redundant Salesforce calls in multiple interfaces.
- There was no common credential vault, nor security for sensitive data.
- There was no automated alert notification system available for any error or failure.
XTIVIA analyzed our client’s current APIs and flows to identify areas of improvement and proposed a solution that met their needs. Our recommendation was to use the Anypoint Platform for triggering email notifications for events such as a failure in the application, error in the logs, or an application stopped responding. These would all trigger the email notification service.
We also worked with our client to re architect their implementation. Using MuleSoft best practices and API-led architecture, we applied the security for Mule properties in the runtime and within the codebase.
XTIVIA’s Proposed Architecture
XTIVIA’s implementation of the recommended API strategy provided technical agility and several tangible business results, including:
- The ability to easily make future changes and adjustments.
- Loosely coupled interfaces offer an agile environment.
- Because of the flexible architecture, any changes in the system have minimal impact on the whole system.
- Notifications are sent to the users whenever any failure or a specific event occurs.
- Insight into success and fail transactions and reasons for failure.
- Tracking the usage of each API.
Altogether, this API strategy allowed the organization to unify data, streamline patient information into a centralized flow, facilitate transactions and rapidly deploy appropriate alerts.
Let's Talk Today!
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400