INFINITY BILLING SERVICES: SUCCESSFUL TESTING APPROACH TO ACHIEVE A METICULOUS BUSINESS-CRITICAL SOLUTION
Our client is the leading auto & property insurance company in the US. They offer vehicle insurance policies for individuals and commercial organizations, specializing in non-standard personal automobile policies, which account for more than 90% of premiums. They also offer a 24/7 roadside assistance program, even for non-insurance holders, with free membership offers. The client is known for their extraordinary on-time service, user-friendly online applications, and claim assistance.
Our client wanted to re-implement their billing logic triggered by various policy events, such as endorsements, payments, cancellations, etc. The current billing generator was synchronous and dynamic, negatively affecting the performance-of-payment service performance as a massive amount of data needed to be considered before arriving at a proper billing schedule for every policy. Real-time endorsement and financial event awareness were uncertain, and as a result, the billing schedules were considered unreliable. The key challenges were:
- Re-implementation had to be done by re-engineering the existing application code, as there was a lack of documentation available.
- Need for comprehensive testing covering different policies at different stages of the policy life cycle.
- This project demanded a profound understanding of the insurance domain to ensure the team could do thorough testing.
- Test data setup was the biggest challenge.
- Testing involved good database testing expertise to test the data integrity and consistency.
- The solution had a lot of complex calculations which had to be meticulously tested to ensure data was accurate with the required precision.
The re-implementation of billing services made billing real-time, enhancing the billing features to address all policies, irrespective of their current state. XTIVIA QA team had to focus on testing the business-critical functionality with an exhaustive list of testing artifacts. XTIVIA’s QA team:
- Worked closely with the Development Lead during the re-engineering process to understand the functionalities.
- Helped to document the understanding and got it signed off from the Business SMEs.
- Made valuable suggestions for the identified gaps during the re-engineering process.
- Was involved in creating complex SQL queries to test the data mapping & accuracy of business rules.
- Reduced the effort by automating the test data & test verification processes using reusable Selenium scripts.
- Thoroughly tested calculations & billing schedules with an extensive set of test artifacts.
- Maintained clear documentation of the test evidence & shared it with the business stakeholders.
- Improvised the defect management process to have a transparent tracking even with the lack of a specific defect management tool.
With this project, XTIVIA’s QA Team ensured the successful delivery of a financial-critical solution which helped the client achieve their business goals. The client attained a quick time-to-market, accelerating their business and improving their customer satisfaction.
Let's Talk Today!
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400