Mid-market Financial Institution: Data Strategy, Governance, & Business Process Assessment
Our client is a mid-market financial services company headquartered in Washington, DC providing debt financing to companies across different industry verticals in North America and Europe. As of June 2020, our client had capital commitments over 27B USD and closed several commitments since its inception. Their lending products and services include General Asset-based Lending, Healthcare Asset-based Lending, Leveraged Lending, Life Sciences and Technology Lending, Commercial Real Estate Lending, Healthcare Real Estate Lending, FHA Lending, and Lender Financing. Our client’s management team comprises seasoned investment professionals with decades of experience providing customized financing by carefully assessing the risk.
Our client relied heavily on cloud SaaS solutions and commercial off-the-shelf products. They implemented controls for cybersecurity and GDPR-compliance. XTIVIA was approached with a request for an independent and unbiased assessment of current governance practice, data management strategy, and business processes to understand the gaps, if any, and get strategy, architecture, and a roadmap.
Our client’s SaaS application ecosystem’s heterogeneous nature, functional data silos, manual processes, and lack of streamlined data management processes posed a high risk of data quality, integrity, security, privacy issues, and a regulatory risk breach. Our client’s future-state vision is an integrated view of their data, a single source of truth, and a one-stop-shop for an end-to-end lending process from the KYC process, customer background verification, risk assessment, closing the deal, client onboarding, capital release cycle, and accounts receivables.
With decades of experience in Enterprise Information Management, XTIVIA conducted a detailed analysis of our client’s applications in terms of their data lifecycle, integration, technology platform, data security, privacy, compliance, current-state pain points, and future-state needs. We also performed a detailed assessment of their Data Management processes, Data Governance practices, and Business Processes in terms of People, Processes, and Technology. This assessment included surveys, interviews, artifact reviews, data profiling, and application demos analyzing various facets (Data Ownership, Data Stewardship, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Security, Data Privacy, Regulatory Compliance, Data Availability, Data Sharing, Data Recovery, Data Integration, Scalability, Portability, Application fit-for-purpose, and Extensibility of each application). The analysis also included a Data Governance Organization chart, current Operating Model, Principles, Policies, Practices, and their effectiveness.
The deliverables of this engagement included:
- Detailed findings including Risks, Issues, and Notable Success in their Data Management processes, Governance Practices, and Business Process covering People, Processes, and Technology dimensions.
- Current-state Data Governance Maturity Rating followed by recommendations of Data Governance Organization chart, Roles, and Responsibilities.
- Data Governance metrics collection process including Data Quality.
- Light-weight Master Data Management solution with Data Management and Candidate Architecture.
- Comparison of candidate tools in the areas of BPM/Workflow, Data Visualization, and Treasury Management System.
- Utilization of Robotic Process Automation and implementation of Data Management Standards and Best Practices.
- Detailed BPM Solution Functional Design Document with end-to-end Lending Process Lifecycle from high-level context till the lowest level of thorough process flow charts.
- Demo of an end-to-end Loan Processing BPM solution customized to fit our client’s needs.
- Detailed roadmap, process, and steps for transitioning to the target Data Governance maturity state, implemented Data Management recommendations, and BPM solution.
- High-level resources, budgetary estimates, and milestones to achieve Data Governance target maturity state.
XTIVIA’s detailed report of the findings, strategy, architecture, roadmap, and budgetary estimates provided our client with an awareness of the gaps, risks, best practices, tactical and strategic objectives, and solution tradeoffs. The deliverables from the engagement provided the basis for cost-benefit analysis, a justification for budgeting, staffing, and risk management in implementing the solution. The detailed report also provided a basis for prioritizing the implementation and sprint planning.
Let's Talk Today!
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400