Significance of Data Integration in Technology Transformation
XTIVIA’s client is a Global Car Rental Company that operates more than 15,900 international corporate and franchise locations in 145 countries across six continents. Throughout the last five years, the corporation has offered 5,000,000 vehicles to millions of customers. With locations in every major airport across the globe, the company has roughly 37,000 employees and reports billions of dollars in revenue each year.
Our client has been running their Customer Relationship Management (CRM) on outdated legacy on-premise systems, which resulted in an increased TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and significantly limited their ability to implement standard business processes across their global operations (with roughly 20,000 users).
As part of their digital transformation initiative, decision was made to move their CRM to a cloud-based system. By transferring to a cloud-based system, they would streamline the process of implementing improvements and increase the efficiency of their operations.
Amidst the operational issues the corporation faced, there were additional complications caused by the legacy systems and scattered data:
- The Point-to-Point Real-Time Integrations initially built on outdated software and patterns offered little flexibility to enhance and improve functionality.
- A lack of documentation (and company SME) around currently used legacy applications.
- Poor quality of data, including a very high percentage of duplicate data.
- Multiple projects running in parallel, requiring very close coordination with numerous vendors and project stakeholders.
With the goal of cleaning (Data Quality) and integrating (Data Integration) the client’s data, XTIVIA had two major objectives:
- Ensure smooth business transition during the transformation journey from legacy on-premise systems onto future-ready cloud-based systems.
- Work closely with the business to identify and implement innovative data integration solutions and provide maximum benefit to the business by balancing the levers of complexity, timeliness, and cost.
XTIVIA began planning and strategizing with the client on how to implement specific frameworks and patterns that would efficiently support an API-led connectivity between applications. We then helped the client establish an Integration Factory, which served as an Integration Competency Center (ICC/CoE) that set up processes, templates, skilled resources, and a governance model for the client’s data integration initiatives. With the framework and integration software in place, XTIVIA ensured business alignment of data across disparate on-premise and cloud-based systems. This was primarily possible because of:
- Data integration solutions managed and delivered using a Data Factory approach and adoption of best practices.
- Mulesoft Integrations—which received the 2018 ‘Tech Innovator Award ‘ at MuleSoft Connect.
XTIVIA utilized their end-to-end planning and EIM strategies to deliver complex data solutions—involving huge data volumes and coordination with multiple programs running in parallel—and implemented innovative solutions to migrate and keep data in sync across legacy, new, and other external vendor applications.
With a detailed analysis of existing infrastructure, XTIVIA was able to successfully establish operational frameworks, patterns, and supporting tools, which offered proper conditions to create reusable APIs for faster connectivity. A culmination of these services delivered:
- A Data Factory Model that included a Shared Resource Pool.
- An ESB environment setup primarily on a Cloud platform, which reduced on-premise footprint and met client’s expectation of ‘Cloud First’ approach.
Additionally, XTIVIA’s experienced experts provided:
- A smooth transition from legacy on-premise systems to cloud-based infrastructure.
- Real-time access to key business information for users.
- An established Integration Competency Center with faster turnaround time and reduced operational cost.
- An established API-led approach to connectivity in order to deploy reusable APIs and microservices, enabling them to both expedite application development and integrate existing and new systems.
BY THE NUMBERS
15,900 International Corporate and Franchise Locations
20,000 CRM Users
5,000,000 Fleet Vehicles over 5 years
Informatica PowerCenter (IDQ 10.2)
Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
Microsoft Azure SQL Server
MuleSoft 3.8/4.0 version(s)
Orchestra EBX5 5.4.1
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400