TESTING PROCESS ALIGNMENT TO ENSURE THE QUALITY OF NEW CUSTOMER DATA
XTIVIA’s client is a leading car rental company that operates in more than 10,800 corporate and licensee locations throughout 145 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, and New Zealand. The company is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental company, with more than 1,700 airport locations in the U.S. and more than 1,300 airport locations internationally. In addition to car rental, the company also owns a vehicle leasing and fleet management company.
The client needed to upgrade its customer database to Salesforce for account management for its newly designed application and wanted to continue using the old database for the legacy applications. The customer’s data should be available both in the old database and in Salesforce. Below are a few challenges faced:
- Transformation of data from existing DB structure to new the Salesforce system
- Data has to be maintained in both the existing DB and in Salesforce
- Maintain data integrity and ensure no duplicate data gets created in both the systems
- Ensuring accuracy of data in both the systems
Process improvements made by the testing team helped the client roll out the new database update into production with zero defects. Below are a few highlights:
- Brainstorming and knowledge transfer sessions were conducted as a workshop within the team.
- The test plan included all the significant milestones and priority test scenarios with detailed test scope defined.
- Maintained Kanban dashboard for better visibility of test progress.
- Regular test status was shared with all the stakeholders, and defect triage was scheduled daily to prioritize the defects.
- Relevant test data was selected to ensure the data migration scenarios were tested for accuracy and zero data loss.
- Reconciled data with old and new systems so that existing data is maintained.
- Validated all business-critical end to end scenarios for both new and existing data
- Scenarios included all boundary values, valid and invalid cases, data extraction, transformations, business logic/rules validations, duplicate data checks, and big data sets.
- Two testing teams, one from offshore and one from onshore, worked together to perform continuous testing.
- Testing scope and test cases were baselined before starting the testing and reviewed with both the BA and dev team.
- The development team set up a defect triage call to resolve the issue. Regular status calls helped address blockers and work along with SLAs defined. Minutes of the meeting were shared after every meeting with action items for a better follow-up.
- Timelines were rigorously followed for the tasks to be delivered on time.
The client was able to move the new Salesforce system to production in the speculated timelines and, in parallel, used their old database for their legacy system without any changes or code fixes required for their legacy systems. Due to the improved testing process, no critical issues were identified in the production, which reduced the cost of any rework.
Let's Talk Today!
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400