Application & System Integration for International Retail Apparel Company
Our client is a well-recognized retail apparel chain headquartered in Texas and operating 1,500+ stores in the US and Canada. The company has acquired many big market players as its subsidiaries. They offer men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, tuxedo rentals, and suit pressing with quality, fashion, and innovation as central parts of each product. The company has many warehouse facilities with a reliable supply chain mechanism. Globally, around 22,500 employees are providing high-quality shopping experience across their brands.
The acquired organization has an infrastructure and technology stack different from our client’s existing applications, which has created additional resource costs for existing application maintenance. The result has been technology redundancy for the same business operations. And, the operational cost for maintaining two different infrastructures poses many challenges.
In searching for a solution, our client gathered input from various stakeholders across all departments to uncover bottlenecks. They found they needed to integrate all the customer-facing and other internal applications of the acquired organization into the existing supply chain network of applications.
XTIVIA’s integration management team provided an encompassing solution. They applied it with industry-leading best practices to streamline significant activities, including order creation, distribution order management (DOM), fulfillment and warehouse inventory. The integration comprises many cross-platform applications and cross technology with the parent company’s applications. In addition to reducing business operation complications and costs, XTIVIA engaged with the client to complete the following:
- Identification of scope and success criteria in collaboration with the customer.
- Identification of all applications needing to be integrated with different systems.
- Prepared technical designs for several involved business flows.
- Integration of all customer-facing and internal applications with our client’s existing applications.
- Used TIBCO BusinessWorks and TIBCO Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS) as the main integration platform.
- Development and deployment of various TIBCO projects for different application integrations and information management.
- The primary systems involved in the integration included Distributed Order Management (DOM), Warehouse Management, and other front-end/source applications.
- Provided deployment management, post-production validations, and support.
There were countless integrations in this master-piece of an integration project, but the results lent themselves to significant ROI. Among the many business benefits our client enjoyed, vital improvements included:
- The ability to manage the acquired organization’s applications using existing infrastructure and applications.
- A highly sophisticated supply chain network to run the newly acquired brand.
- Resource and technology costs were significantly reduced.
- Customer support was performed quicker with more informative responses and solutions.
- Delivery management was immensely improved by effective integrations between existing applications.
- The client and the acquired organization could now enjoy optimum utilization of systems, technology, and application stack with full functionality.
Let's Talk Today!
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400