Global 500 Master Data Management: Tibco Ebx & Mdm Support
XTIVIA’s client is an international car rental and fleet-management service that serves millions of customers annually with 5,000,000 vehicles throughout the past five years in more than 15,900 global locations. To simplify the operational and financial risk of such an array of locations and vehicles, the company licenses its brand out to roughly 60 international franchises. Additionally, the client also serves “Insurance Replacements” — for insurance companies such as Allstate and State Farm insurance — to a wide range of corporate customers.
As part of their Data Governance initiative, our client implemented a Master Data Management solution to master Locations, Vehicles, and Customers. The MDM hub receives updates from source systems throughout the day, and the pushes the updates to the downstream systems. With the operations and locations spread across globally, our client did not have enough IT staff to provide cost-effective 24×7 support for an EBX MDM implementation. The system’s critical nature required continuous monitoring to ensure the availability of the MDM hub and timely updates of Master Data. Our client needed a technology partner with experience in MDM implementation and providing 24×7 support.
Our client approached XTIVIA with the need for EBX and Azure technical expertise and their requirement of 24×7 support. XTIVIA provided the following support services:
- Ensure availability and optimal performance of EBX MDM infrastructure on Azure
- Use Dynatrace to monitor EBX MDM infrastructure and troubleshoot issues
- Use Splunk to monitor the MDM application for continuous Master Data feeds and downstream updates
- Automate manual tasks
- EBX MDM workflow and infrastructure process monitoring and alerting
- Patches and upgrades of EBX MDM infrastructure
- Deploy the MDM Application code to QA, UAT, and Prod
- Manage users, access rights, and provide technical help
- Copy the data from Production to lower environments for code testing and data validation purposes
- Assist with EBX MDM Application code fixes
- Assist the Application Integration and Data Integration teams in troubleshooting and resolving integration issues
Throughout the engagement with XTIVIA, the client was able to actualize several benefits, including:
- Work-life balance for client’s IT staff
- Operational efficiency with support from onshore and offshore
- Uninterrupted availability of MDM infrastructure and application
- The client’s IT staff now has more time to invest in strategic initiatives
- Customer satisfaction (with quick response to Support Requests, Technical Help, Routine Maintenance, and Incidents)
To mediate the transition between the client’s old architecture and their new IT environment, XTIVIA utilized their managed services operational process to provide encapsulating support post-project. With a proven outline for managing incidents and system problems, the client now enjoys proper continuity, availability and capacity management for their entire MDM system. The following illustration displays a detailed synopsis of XTIVIA’s approach to our managed services.
Managed Services CoE
- Industry Best Practices
- ITIL Based Processes
- Certified Professionals
- ITIL Expertise
- Technical Experts
- Onsite & Offsite
- Cross Training
- State of Art Knowledgebase
- Latest technology Frameworks
- Industry Leading Tools
- Data Centre best Practices
- Secure Technologies
Customer Support Services
- Maintenance: Maintenance Calendar, Change & Service Request Mgmt., Incident & deployment Mgmt.
- Monitoring: Dashboard & Alerts, Thresholds & Controls, Availability Management Setup, Recovery & Restore Process
- Reporting: Service Management, SLA & KPI Performance, Incident Handling Process
- Proactive Support: Service vs Team Alignment, Proactive Monitoring Process, Run Book Updates, Shifts Planning
- Reactive Support: Offline Support Setup, Co-ordinations & Protocols, Compliance Mgmt.
- Improve: Issues & Risk register, CSI Calendar, Maturity Score board
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400
Complete the form to hear from us.