Informatica Data Governance Consulting for Grocery Supermarket Chain
XTIVIA’s client is a grocery supermarket chain founded in 1905 operating 340+ stores in the US and Mexico. More than 100,000 employees service their grocery markets through multiple brands. The client’s mantra is focused on accessible locations, friendly employees, extensive offers, and low prices.
Our client procured the Informatica Data Governance product suite (Enterprise Data Catalog, Axon, Informatica Data Quality) with a vision of operationalizing their Data Governance program. They used internal resources to configure these tools but lacked the expertise and experience required to effectively implement these tools.
Our client engaged XTIVIA to assess their current-state Informatica Data Governance implementation, provide suggestions, best practices, and mentor them on how to implement Informatica Data Quality from the ground up.
XTIVIA worked closely with the client’s IT and Business teams and
- Reviewed client’s Data Governance documentation, implementation, and configuration settings, and interviewed key stakeholders to understand the current-state implementation
- Reviewed data cataloging, data quality rules definition, business glossary definitions, column definitions, ownership definitions, and data classification
- Recommended the best practices for Informatica tool implementation
- Assessed the Informatica Data Quality tool for its configuration to maximize its use
- Implemented Informatica Data Quality processes to profile the data and build a scorecard for a limited set of tables to demonstrate the implementation process
- Delivered a detailed assessment report covering findings and recommendations related to
- EDC infrastructure sizing and environments
- EDC Data Domains
- Naming conventions
- Data Lineage
- LDAP configuration
- Axon infrastructure configuration
- Naming conventions for Axon facets
- Axon Glossary definition
- Axon roles
- Relationship between Axon Attributes and Glossary facets
- IDQ folders
The outcomes of this engagement were
- The client gained substantial knowledge of Informatica Data Governance implementation best practices
- Reduced dependency on external resources
- The client’s Data Governance operations aligned with established principles and policies
- Improved Data Governance maturity due to effective utilization of the Informatica toolset
Let's Talk Today!
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400