Reward Management BI/DW Migration Oracle to Postgres and Redshift
Our client provides enterprise management software for the retail and petroleum wholesale markets, and their solutions connect to intelligent businesses. They have over 1500 customers in more than 200,000 locations worldwide and count on their leading ERP, logistics, fuel pricing, and marketing cloud solutions to provide insights that increase volume, margin, and customer loyalty.
Our client embarked on a digital transformation mufti-phase initiative. As part of Phase I: cloud initiative, the legacy applications were migrated to AWS and the DW/BI Oracle database to Postgres and RedShift. The next phase was to reimplement the legacy application using modern technologies. However, our client lacked in-house AWS, PostgreSQL, and RedShift expertise and needed a trusted partner to assist in the implementation and provide technical guidance and recommendations to their technical resources. With the help of XTIVIA, they migrated the on-premise legacy application to AWS and updated their databases to PostgreSQL and RedShift.
XTIVIA created a cloud Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution. The team made decisions to update the hibernate data source in the existing legacy application. However, there are many native SQL queries in Oracle SQL format and the JSON data types are not supported with existing Hibernate dialects.
The solution recommended by XTIVIA was to rewrite native SQL queries in PostgreSQL format, implement custom Hibernate dialect to PostgreSQL and implement custom Hibernate user types to support JSON data types.
XTIVIA Engineers were able to implement the following solution:
- Create & configure the AWS IaaS environment for the legacy applications
- Create & configure the RedShift PaaS environment for the database
- Migrate the On-premise Oracle database to PostgreSQL and RedShift database
- Rewrite the stored procedures to PostgreSQL
- Update the legacy application to add the PostgreSQL data source
- Rewrite the Hibernate native SQL queries to PostgreSQL queries
- Implement the custom hibernate dialect to support PostgreSQL
- Implement custom hibernate user type to support JSON data type
- Update the crystal reports datasource to RedShift
- Create test scripts and generate coverage reports to test the migration
- Migrate Legacy application from on-premise to cloud-based solution in AWS
- Quick cloud solution for the legacy application
- Improved database performance, by migrating to RedShit
No obligation, no pressure. We’re easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400
Complete the form to hear from us.