ELIMINATING BOTTLENECKS OF TREASURY PROCESSES WITH A COMPREHENSIVE TEST SOLUTION
Our client is the world’s most advanced digital industrial company, offering software-defined machines as well as connected, responsive, and predictive solutions. They are a multinational financial services conglomerate operating in 56 countries specializing in commercial lending and leasing. The client’s business activities include power generation and distribution, oil and gas, pipelines and storage, water, venture capital, and renewable energy sources. The company manages millions of dollars every day, serving thousands of business units, guaranteeing business unit commitments to their customers, collecting money from business units, and paying banks internationally for letters of credit.
Our client had the vision to eliminate the manual process of handling cash pool agreements and the associated paperwork time demands on the Treasury team. The current process involved handling multiple email chains, document generation and management, and deciding the approvers. In addition, there was a lack of transparency and integration with other systems. During the engineering of the automated cash pool agreements, we faced the following challenges:
- Handling agreements at various stages
- Lack of access roles and permissions
- Need for continuous UAT support and an elaborate training plan
This project followed a Waterfall methodology, from analysis to production rollout and support. The XTIVIA team conducted regular meetings with the Business SMEs to understand the requirements and design/develop testing artifacts. The QA team focused on the following areas:
- Identify the end-to-end functionalities and documented requirements
- Designed the testing artifacts based on various interactive sessions with the client
- Tracking was transparent, and the team ensured tracking to closure with the well-organized Requirements Traceability
- Set up a wide set of test data to test different access roles, permissions, and their respective functionalities
- QA Team had to test the application, execute functional test cases, and act as application users to ensure correct implementation in all scenarios
- Supported the UAT team with a comprehensive UAT Plan and UAT Test Suite and mentored them during the User Acceptance Test
- Produced application user manual and training materials
- Coordinated and conducted application demonstrations to the client
As a result of XTIVIA’s testing solution, the client could successfully launch the new web-based application with several features, including efficient CPA processing, elimination of bottlenecks, and reduction of paper wastage. In addition, the team was able to build the trust of the client’s Treasury team within a short period, leading to the success of this implementation and many more.
Let's Talk Today!
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
XTIVIA CORPORATE OFFICE
304 South 8th Street, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, CO 80905 USA
Additional offices in New York, New Jersey,
Missouri, Texas, Virginia, and Hyderabad, India.
USA toll free: 888-685-3101, ext. 2
International: +1 719-685-3100, ext. 2
Fax: +1 719-685-3400